Library Class Weekly for the Week of February 26, 2007

Happy Blogaversary to Me.  “Check It Out” is a year old.  Yay!!

Close call for snow, a tooth now requiring a root canal and March entering as a lion; rain and wind. Welcome to my world of the Silver Star library this week.

Classes are clicking along.  We are nearing the end of the nominees for the WCCPBA.  In honor of the tooth, almost all of kindergarten through third grade heard Sweet Toothby Marge Palatini.  Very funny, even with a toothache.  My tooth was not a sweet tooth bu definitely a rotten one.

Fourth and fifth grades have had their own independent studies going on. Love when they come in, and get right to work.

I met with Sabina I. Rascol, the author who will visited Silver Star at the end of March.  She will be here for three days as a poet in residence.  We are crafting what the time will look like when she is here.  Children and lots of children will be in the library writing poetry one of those days.

On my nightstand:  My Sister’s Keeper: A Novel by Jodi Picoult, The Thing about Georgieby Lisa Graff, and A Poetry Handbook by Mary Oliver.  I got sidetracked last week. I began reading Hole in My Lifeby Jack Gantos after re-reading The Love Curse of the Rumbaughs. I love Gantos’ writing immensely. He pulls you in and you have to force yourself to stop reading.  In fact, I paid for it yesterday as I stayed up to finish the book.

Happy reading,

MsMac

3 thoughts on “Library Class Weekly for the Week of February 26, 2007

1. Happy Blogaversary (I had to scroll up to your post to make sure I was spelling it correctly).

Love Sweet Tooth! What a great read aloud book for those grades. When I read it to classes last year, I remember the kindergarteners not really getting it, but they liked the voices I did for it. First and second thought it was a riot.

2. If you ever get the chance to see Jack Gantos in person, go, he is fabulous (and funny). I also had the pleasue of having Jack as a professor at Emerson college (back in the early 90’s) and never knew about his life until I read Hole in My Life years later!